Psychiatry / Psycho-oncology Specialists
We offer assessment and treatment for patients:
- who have begun to experience psychological symptoms secondary to diagnosis or treatment for cancer
- with depressive or anxiety disorders
- with psychotic symptoms who are not already under local mental health services
- with known mental health problems where there is a need for additional support while under treatment
- who require treatment for drug or alcohol dependence and who need assistance in accessing this from local services.
MBBS, MD, MRCPsych
General adult psychiatry (with an endorsement in Liaison Psychiatry)
A consultant psychiatrist with expertise in;
- depression, anxiety disorders (Panic, phobia, Obsessive compulsive disorder, health anxiety, stress related conditions including Post Traumatic stress disorder etc.)
- Perinatal psychiatric problems, Bipolar affective disorder, Psychotic disorders (e.g. schizophrenia, acute psychosis etc.)
- Personality difficulties and medically unexplained symptoms (e.g. non-epileptic seizures, functional neurological symptoms etc).
As a liaison psychiatrist, Ankush also specialises in managing psychological well being and mental health in the patients suffering from physical conditions such as cancer, terminal illnesses and long term conditions (e.g. cardiovascular, COPD, diabetes, chronic pain etc).
He leads the local Electroconvulsive therapy service and is a Regional representative for Liaison psychiatry, Deputy regional advisor for Psychiatry and MRCPsych examiner – for the Royal College of Psychiatrists.
Having completed his MBBS and postgraduate training in Psychiatry (MD) from India, he moved to UK in 2004. Ankush trained in West midlands, Mersey and Hertfordshire area to complete Psychiatry training in UK, following which he then joined as a consultant psychiatrist in Greater Manchester in 2010.
I am passionate about improving quality of life of patients struggling with their mental or physical health.